From 1st January 2018 all electric heaters sold in the UK must meet a set of minimum efficiency standards, this means that at the very least all heaters will have to incorporate intelligent room temperature controls to minimise wasted energy and comply with Energy Related Products Regulations (ERP).
The energy labelling requirements apply also to the appliances that have been produced/imported before the entry into force of the regulation (1/1/2018 or 1/1/2022 depending on the product), but were stored at the retailers’ premises for the meantime
What are intelligent electric heating controls?
Intelligent controls managing the running times of your electric heater will incorporate a minimum of three features:
- High accuracy temperature control +-0,1°.
- Adaptive temperature control and Eco start functionality.
- 24/7 programming functions, and integrated real-time energy consumption.
- Smart Open Window Technology.
- Presence detection.
- Smart Control V27 self-programming technology.
- Ergonomic digital thermostat.
- Built-in Wifi with the smartphone app.
- Intelli Heat electric radiators are Eco Design “Lot 20” Compliant.