Energy Management is a complex and multidisciplinary area, which need a wide spectrum of know how and competencies. Intelli Heat creates customized energy management plan aimed at eliminating inefficiencies and wastes, through the adoption of technical and organizational solutions.
Intelli Heat Energy Manager defines with the customer the most suitable plan (evalutating costs and benefits for each investigated area) and timeframe for its deployment.
Offered activities include:
-Coaching of the customer Energy Manger and support in the everyday activities aimed to identify the most efficient solutions
-Energy Management activity, as external cunsulting service whereas there is none in the role of Energy Manager, working close with the customer technicians
-Energy Manager training in house, providing techniques and tool for an effective and efficient energy management
-Assistance in the energy contracts definitions, in accordance with the specific customer needs.
Metering, Monitoring and Targeting (MM&T)
Energy information management, or Metering, Monitoring and Targeting (MM&T) – the measurement and analysis of energy use – is central to good energy management. For detailed information, see our Monitoring and targeting – in-depth management guide.
Identifying energy saving opportunities is an ongoing process. There are two ways of doing this:
– Analysing energy data through MM&T
– Carrying out energy surveys.
– See our practical guide to Energy surveys.
Using degree days for energy management
Four valuable uses of degree days in energy management are:
– Constructing control charts that compare benchmarked and actual energy usage (the closer they are, the greater your energy efficiency)
– Evaluating success of savings measures
– Detecting faults in heating systems and their control
– Preparing annual budgets
– The Degree days for energy management (CTG075) publication (updated from CTG004) provides an introduction to degree days and shows how simple analysis can be a powerful tool in understanding weather-related energy consumption.